Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On Junkies

Ever see someone take a sharp drop down a steep slope? I saw some friends of mine who I haven't seen in nearly a year for they had moved to California to make it. They didn't and they came back to NY to lick their wounds and bring back one of their friends as well. I don' judge and I don't want to name names.

One of them, we'll call her Rebecca. She lives in her mothers abandoned apartment filled with matching luggage sets. Her boyfriend, and we'll call him John, and his friend live in my tent in the woods. I left the tent there about a year and a half ago after I set it up in her living room to watch Matlock reruns. While I'm glad its seeing use its not what I had intended for it.

They've gotten a bad habit with oxycontin and doing it the dirty way. They look emaciated. I'm greeted by stolen beer and a sort of twisted family scene. They're happy to see me, and I them. We share a couple of cigarettes and I sleep on the floor.

In the morning there are some money woes as another friend, the owner of 'the whip', yells at a poor bank teller because his check hasn't been deposited. They ask me if I could score and I said no. We smoke some more of my cigarettes and me and John take a walk to the drug store. I buy more cigarettes and a carton of eggs. He steals some ace bandages and ibuprofen. When we get back to Rebecca's I bind his ribs together. I might've forgotten to mentioned they were fractured in California which preempted his return. Who knew that you shouldn't do opiates in the house of a reformed junkie.

I have steak and eggs for breakfast. The steak is courtesy of John and his friend as they stole a whole package from the grocery store. Afterwards they drove me to the train station and I saw some girl I used to almost love. We talked briefly and she gave me a funny look when I told her my bass case held my guitar and clothes. I left her to catch my train and I haven't seen her since.

Without money they steal food and gasoline. As of this writing they're stealing a hose from Walmart to siphon gas out of expensive looking cars. Its a sorry state to see people in this condition. They are not rational. I still miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment